Friday 20 November 2009

Spinning, knitting, designing.. busy busy busy!

I've been super busy this week. I'm preparing for an exhibition next month so i've been finalising swatch ideas....


I'm playing with floral motifs and experimented with a bit of dip dying- I just love the effect the big patterned swatch has come out with! I don't think I will use this idea for my current project though- but Its getting me all excited about what I can turn it into for Christmas presents!

I really like the contrast between the smaller motifs and the big chunkier knit.... those little flowers would make such a cute edging!
Even though I'm supposed to be working diligently on my exhibition project, my mind keeps wondering onto all things spinable. Spinning is just so addictive- I love the feel of fibre running through my hands and the soapy sheepy smell.... ahhh... I've been blending colours....
I like to call it ' beach comber'.... I made a scarf out of this colourway about two weeks ago and I have finally decided to just bite the bullet and knit a jumper out of it as I couldnt stop starring at all the pretty colours....
Here it is on my gorgeous Louet drum carder!!!! I love him so much! I bought him with all my 21st birthday donnations... (thank yooooouuuu!)
Here it is on my Ashford Niddy Noddy- totally useful to the handspinner! my better than using picture frames!...
And here is the finished yarn!!! I'll upload some pictures soon of my knit in progress... as it stands, i've managed to complete the back in just a few hours! I'm knitting it up on giant knitting needles- the whole back piece is litterally 30 stithes and 30 rows!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment